Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 22

Zondag, 28 Augustus 2011

Woke up around 11, ate, and went to the party-thing (it was tractor events in the afternoon today).  Man, that was fun.  One event, they had to open a bottle of beer via a bottle opener attached to the back of the tractor, drink the beer, and get back across the timing line.  There were some other ones, but it's not as cool if you didn't see it.  And, of course, I didn't get a video because I already felt out of place wearing my cowboy boots and talking in English.  :P

Went home (Marcela was cold and tired, I was a little chilled seeing as how it was windy and I again thought I was "too Minnesotan" for a coat), napped, ate, napped again, and went to the party (actual party this time).  I feel like it would be more fun if I actually had friends with.  As it was, I was standing around with Marcela, Truut, Patrick and some of the relatives.  It was nice, but the music was so loud you practically had to have your mouth in someones ear to have them hear you.  But it was totally worth it to go because I heard a hiphop/techno remix of "Cotton-eye Joe".

Marcela and I spent a lot of the night outside of the giant tent where the party was, which was nice because after about an hour my ears were buzzing and my hearing was subpar.  Spent some time just talking, walking around, etc.  Twas nice.  Talked to a few other people outside, so that again made the night worth it.  Went home, talked to people on facebook, read some stuff online (more specifically, a few of these cracked.com articles), and now it's time for bed.  Slaapwel!

1 comment:

  1. Cool blog! Found it through Cultures Shocked. I'll be following while on exchange in France this year!

    voyagesdekelsey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete