Friday, August 5, 2011

Majora's Mask said it best:


Yep.  Only one day left in Minnesota.  24 hours after this is posted, my flight will be leaving Minnesota, going first to Chicago, then to Brussels (seriously, 24 hours from now; I had this set up to auto post right at 11:20).  I'll (hopefully) be arriving at the Brussels National Airport at 8:15am their time (1am Minnesota time).

It's so weird to think about.  [cue typical exchange student rambling]  I mean, once I land in Belgium my life will be completely different.  I have no idea how my first family (or my second, for that matter) goes about their daily life, or what kids do for fun, or what high school is like.  Heck, I'm not even used to American high school anymore after doing PSEO basically full time for two years.  There are so many things that can (and probably will) change, it's mind boggling to think about.  So, instead of thinking about it, I'm just going to block that thought out until I get there.  No use getting all anxious about what could change or how it can change.  I'll just deal with it as it comes.  (Probably not the best strategy, but hey, it works)

Getting ready to leave has been pretty hectic.  I've packed and repacked so many times I feel like I'm getting wear and tear on my suitcases.  I've cleaned my (amazingly dirty) room, bought new clothes, thrown away old ones, gotten new glasses and contacts, and gotten a haircut for the first time a few months.  All in the span of like a week because I'm pretty good at procrastinating.

The whole saying goodbye aspect has been a lot harder than I expected.  I'm usually good at keeping things in perspective and knowing I can talk to them online or skype over the year, but it was still really painful.  I have so many amazing friends, and it hurts that we won't be able to hang out in person for a year.  D:

Anyway, besides all that, this last week has been a blast!  I've went out to eat quite a few times for "last suppers" of sorts, had two amazing days of watching movies with friends (and two nights of not sleeping; my last night of "sleep" was Tuesday to Wednesday and was only about 4 hours), and now I'm off to get a massage before going to watch the Twins v. White Sox game from the amazing Legend's Club seating area.  Mr. Hayes, if you're reading this, thank you SO MUCH for letting me and my mom use your tickets.  I can't think of a better way to spend my last night in the states than watching the Twins live from great seats.

This'll be my last time writing from Minnesota for long time (but probably not the US; I suspect I'll get bored during my layover and come whine on here), so tot ziens Minnesota!  Don't have record snowfall this next winter because I'll be totally pissed if I miss it!


Here are some pics from this last week - it's weird to think I won't see any of these people face to face for almost a year.  </3

Me, Andrea, Courtney and Emily at Leeann Chin

Leaving a movie night at 630am makes for beautiful sunrise pictures
No explanation necessary

Brett, Sean and I

I don't know what's going on here.



No comments:

Post a Comment