Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 9

Maandag, Augustus 15, 2011

Woke up at 1pm today, still feeling a little sick.  Went downstairs, had a banana, and helped clean up from the party (people were there until 8am, just like my last party!)  Then, Truut, Marcela and I went for a walk.  We first went to Truut's sister's house - she has donkeys and a dog, so it was a lot of fun to stop there.  Had some chocolate mousse cake, as it is Mother's Day in Belgium.

Then, we went on a 5km walk (~ 3.1 miles for us silly Americans).  We practiced saying numbers, the alphabet, days of the week, etc.  Truut tried to teach us a few sentences as well; it was pretty nice.  I'm remembering a few more words here and there, so hopefully by the time school starts I'll be able to string together a few sentences.

Once we got home, I had some of the Mrs. Grass' Chicken Noodle Soup I packed from home because I was still feeling sick and not terribly hungry.  Messed around online, and then Marcela gave me a "canga", which she said is a typical Brasilian blanket thing, that you put in the ground or the beach when you want to sit down.  It's so pretty, and a really great material.  I may be like Robyne, and use it as a scarf.  <3

The canga

Marcela gave them some gifts in the kitchen, as we were all standing down there.  Truut then told Siemen how I had talked about how hard it is to sleep without my dogs, because they usually slept with me (at least part of the night, when they weren't out barking at anything).  Siemen then came downstairs with a GIANT stuffed dog I can use to sleep with, and a giant snake for Marcela (she slept with her cat at home, and she loves snakes).  It is so fluffy and I love it so much!

My new sleep buddy

Marcela went to tan for a bit then, and I messed around online again, redditing, talking to people, etc.  I used the tanning bed for like 5 minutes to relax my back a bit (like what Keith does), and it actually helped!  Took a shower, then hung out in the kitchen with Robyne and Truut.  We talked about tons of things, especially music.  I showed them Gypsy Skies, and they showed me a great music thing we may go to.  :)

Then, around 11, went upstairs to talk to people on facebook (Groess, that means you :P), but Marcela wanted to go eat, so I went back down with her to the kitchen.  Had my first PB&J here - the peanut butter is a bit different, so it was weird, but okay.  Tried to get Robyne to try it, but she wouldn't, she thought it was weird.  :P

Well, it's a little past midnight here, so I suppose I should get some sleep so I can feel 100% tomorrow.  Slaapwel, all!


EDIT:  I'm updating the "About Me" section, explaining names and such that I may use and not explain.  If I ever say something and don't explain it or say who they are, just leave a comment saying so and I'll add it to the list.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Tip: in Dutch we say 15 Augustus instead of Augustus 15.

    ReplyDelete