Friday, April 6, 2012

Day 243


Vrijdag, 6 April 2012

Got up, ate, and we left the hotel by 9. They let us keep our bags in a locked room in the lobby for free, so that was pretty sweet. Walked around, did the usual touristy stuff. I climbed to the top of the belfrey, so that was pretty fun. 366 steps is a lot more than you think when you're going around in a steep spiral and have to keep stepping out of the way for people going down.

Then, in the market, I convinced my parents to let us do a horse carriage ride around Bruge! It was a lot of fun, and since it was the closest I've been to riding a horse since I left I was pretty pumped. Shopped for some lace (and actually got to see someone making lace, which was pretty cool), and then ate. Walked around the old city and a bunch of other nice places before heading back to the hotel to get our bags. Got a combination of trains, buses, and car rides to get back to Meerle.

We talked a bit, and then had a great dinner (steak!) with Frederik and Denise.  I packed up some stuff my parents are taking home for me, and then went down to talk and try a few drinks.  Told jokes and such, and then it was time for bed.  Slaapwel!

No comments:

Post a Comment