Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day 161

Zaterdag, 14 Januari 2012

Got up, still feeling kinda sick.  Bummer.  Got all packed up, and Denise drove me to the train station (thank goodness!)  She picked Marcela up there, as she saw Kimberli, our last oldie from Brasil, off at the airport at 6 in the morning.  But on the drive to the airport, I finally got my ride from the train station to rehearsal for drumline, so I was pretty happy.  Of course, when I got to the train, they said it was broken.  And at this station, there is only one train an hour.  Not cool.

They ended up fixing it by 1130 (supposed to leave at 1108), which was fine because then I would just barely make my other train in Antwerp.  But, of course, they said the train wouldn't leave until 1208.  Not cool.  So, I had to get the later train to Kortrijk, AND find a new ride to rehearsal.  Ended up being around 30 or 40 minutes late to rehearsal, which sucked.  Learned drill for two parts of the show, and then back to the train station.  Almost missed my train again - we had to speed a bit and I had to run to make it.

Then, in Antwerp, I walked to a restaurant where the Roteract (kinda like Rotary for younger people) was having a dinner.  Marcela was there, along with one of Denise and Frederik's kids (Charlotte).  Pretty fun, ate some good food, and then we went out to a bar for a bit.  Finally got home, and then Marcela and I went straight to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment