Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 173

Donderdag, 26 Januari 2012

Got to sleep in a bit, which was AMAZING.  Got ready, and then Denise drove us to Lille, and we tried to extend my visa.  There was a lot of troubling looks and conversations, and then they said they'd call us back when they figured it out.  I mean, seriously, it's 3 more weeks.  Just say yes!

Denise then dropped us off in Turnhout and she went to a meeting, so Marcela and I had lunch at Miccy D's since she didn't have time for breakfast this morning (slept in too much).  Went to the school, talked with Santi and some other exchange students, and then class.  My first class was... odd.  We'll just leave it at that.  Then the playing class, worked on "I'm So Excited".  Then the jazz theory class which was half talking/half actually doing something.  Easy day.

Came home, did some studying, and then called one of my friends in the US with the google voice.  He didn't recognize me at first (obviously), so I pretended to be all hurt and said some stereotypical things I always say, and he caught on.  It was a fun surprise - I called at the end of band class so I got to say hi to a few other people as well.  Really made my day.  Surprised my mom and called her quick at work, just so she could have my number.

Had dinner, talked with Marcela a bit, and then watched Fargo, which probably wasn't a good idea since it really (obviously) reminded me of home.  Great film, and I don't think the accents were that overdone.  At some parts, sure, but other parts were severely lacking.

After the movie, went upstairs, did some drumline stuff, and now it's time for bed.  Slaapwel!  I won't be able to update until Sunday at the earliest, so if this stays stagnant for a while that doesn't mean that I'm dead.  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment