Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 172

Woensdag, 25 Januari 2012

Got up, went to school.  Had a study period since the teacher was gone so I wrote some letters, then Latin, part of English class, and science.  I actually answered a question in my Latin class today and I understood what the science lesson was about (balancing equations)!  Yay!  Had to wait for the bus, finally got home around 1:40.  Ate, showered, did some trumpet stuff, and then (you guessed it) took a nap.  Until 7.

Had dinner, and then went upstairs to get some stuff working on my computer.  Skyped with a friend so he could help me, and then we set me up with a google voice number.  So, now I can call/text anyone in the US for free, so long as I'm at a computer with a mic.  Super awesome.  :)  Messed around with that, hung out with Marcela (she got home around 9), and did some Latin study.

Watched a video online that's actually making me a little homesick.  It's S*** People From Minnesota Say, so it's full of Minnesota stereotypes (which, with my family, is kinda the norm).  Probably one of the best parts, something that I remember saying and hearing quite often: "Ahh, the Vikings won a game hun, we're going to the Superbowl!" or "Guess who just won $100 playing pull tabs?"  (True story - my friend back home just won $1200 with pull tabs).  But yeah, hearing the exaggerated accent and the "don'tcha knows" or "fer cutes" that he says in the video really makes me miss home.

So, anyway, enough of that type of talk for tonight.  Slaapwel!

No comments:

Post a Comment