Thursday, April 2, 2015

Day 41: Drum group!

Woke up to go to my Finance class to a) turn in my homework and b) review for the exam on Friday.  And oh boy, the review session.  Students kept asking questions, actually, they asked all the questions I was going to ask too!  The teacher was not that helpful though.  Many times he just would "give us a hint" which didn't help much, or just straight up saying "Figure it out.  You should be able to figure out what you know and don't know."

It's like, uh, I understand not wanting to just give out free answers, but if we're asking you, that means we can't figure it out.  And if we can't figure it out, clarification would be nice.  He kept saying that in the real world no one will give you answers, which, sure, I get the sentiment, but in the real world people will help you as well.  I dunno.  I'm just not a fan of the attitude.

So I wasn't in a good mood because I was expecting so much more from that, so I gamed for a bit to blow off some steam.  Ate, studied a bit, and then game theory.  I found another exchange student in the class!  She also didn't know what was going on, so at least I'm not the only one.  I actually found out a teacher at my home university gave me access to all his teaching materials for his game theory class online (for some reason the email didn't make it through to me, so I just saw it), so that will be helpful.

I laid down to take a quick nap before Korean, and ended up sleeping through my alarms, oops :/  But since I got up a bit after 6, I realized I could still make the drum club I wanted to check out!  I ended up going to the wrong building, and after almost an hour of texting someone in the club, I managed to find it (it was on the other campus a few blocks away).  It was great!  Everyone was so welcoming and nice, even though I don't speak Korean and many of them don't speak much English.  I went out to eat with them after, and then went back to the club room for a bit to just hang out.  Really great night.

Went back around 9.30 so I could get the greatest and longest sleep ever (since my roomie got me the sleeping pills, I was excited for uninterrupted sleep), but some personal things came up that kept me up talking to people until past 1am, so that plan went awry.  But, finally got to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment