Saturday, April 18, 2015

Day 58: Sleep, game, study, repeat

Basically as the title says.  Woke up, played games with people for a bit, studied Korean for a while, took a nap, and repeat.  I was thinking about going out and doing something this weekend, but with a midterm on Monday (Korean) I need to study for and a midterm Wednesday (game theory), I figured I should study.  Plus, I leave for Mongolia!!! on Wednesday, and then the Friday after that I have another exam, so I'm trying to get all my studying done for all three so I don't need to worry about it while I'm on my trip.  Plus, I'd rather be rested for my trip than end up being sleepy and missing things in a country I'm only in for a few days - Seoul will be here when I get back.

I think there's almost a lot of pressure put on exchange students to be busy every day.  People say that since you're only in the country for a few months, you need to make the most of it and explore everything.  But think about when you're at home - I doubt you go out every weekend to explore places in the 3 hour range around your city.  You can say it's because you'll be living there longer and can do it later, but that doesn't always happen.  I have so many places I didn't visit in Minneapolis while I lived around there.

But anyway, I'm just going to enjoy my time.  I'll go out if it's a nice day, but I'm not going to feel guilty if I don't see every unique thing in the country - I'd rather stay healthy and relax, and view exploring as something fun instead of something  mandatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment