Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 110

Donderdag, 24 November 2011

Slept until like 11, had breakfast, and had a talk with Truut.  They're not happy that I didn't go on my class trip yesterday.  Oh well, nothing I can do about it now.  Slept again, woke up to shower and have some tea, took some Tylenol and slept more.  Woke up around 530 to eat, and then went to the doctor.  He basically just said my throat is swollen, gave me some meds, and told me to sleep a lot and drink tea.

Home, went online for a bit (didn't see my parents online though, total bummer).  Napped for a bit, went downstairs and had some dessert for Siemen's early birthday party (they gave him a laptop!), watched a bit of a movie, and then came upstairs to sleep.  Anyway, I have a full day of sleeping ahead of me, so I gotta rest up for it.  :P  Slaapwel!

Aand, Happy (American) Thanksgiving everyone!  I have to say, I'm so thankful for my friends and family back home for not only supporting me in doing this exchange, but in staying connected with me and making me feel loved even though I'm thousands of miles away.  And I'm thankful for my new friends and family here (especially Marcela~) - there's no way I could have even gotten this far in the exchange without them.  I'm so spoiled to have so many great friends and family supporting me, both here and back in the States.  And I'm thankful to Rotary for giving me this opportunity!  I can't wait to have another amazing 8+ months here!

And I'm really thankful for the other exchange students!  No one else can understand what you're going through better than other people going through the exact same thing.  And exchange student hugs are the best (not saying this because they're like the ONLY hugs I ever get, but because they're just amazing)!

No comments:

Post a Comment