Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 193

Woensdag, 15 Februari 2012

Had real school today, but only 3 other kids were in my first class (usually like 15 or so), so we just watched Ice Age 2 for the first two periods.  Then, the teacher was sick for the third, so I just hung out in the library, and I had to leave in the middle of the 4th for a Rotary thing, so I just chilled in the library a bit before I had to leave.  Marcela, Santi and I took the train straight to Brussels, basically just slept.

In Brussels, we spent like half an hour walking around trying to find Jose, who was the Rotary guy in charge of us for the day.  Finally found him, waited for everyone else, and then we all walked to a brewery.  Had a really nice tour, tried two different types of beer they make, and then got the train back to Turnhout, this time with Jenna with us on the train.  From Turnhout, bused to Hoogstraten and Denise picked us up there.  So quite a bit of traveling today.

I emailed the Austrian consulate in the US (roundabout story), and they said "you can stay in the Schengen area (of which Austria is a part of) another 90 days within six months without a visa.", so now I'm really confused about visas.  I guess since I'm here already with the Student visa that doesn't work, but they didn't say anything so I guess I just need to keep emailing people until I can get a straight answer.

Anyway, I should go downstairs and hang out with the family, but as I haven't been feeling too stellar lately I'm just going to go to bed.  Slaapwel everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment