Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 267

Maandag, 30 April 2012

No school!  Woke up later, watched TV and movies, read, and then went to see Heidi's brother's horses!!  Didn't ride, just pet them, but that was a lot of fun.  One of them kept trying to grab things in his mouth (so, biting, but not with bad intent), and I know he got my hair at least once.  (But dad, the scratch and sniff was broken on this one - couldn't smell it, and when you tried to get close he tried to nip your face).

Went back home, did more hanging out and busy work on the computer (getting stuff ready for summer semester, putting stuff in one place for applications, etc).  Then, went to the fanfare place to look at photos from their trip to Germany from a while back.  Man, that looked like fun.  I wishwishwish I could go to Austria, but there's really no way to make it work.  I mean, yeah, if I did a benefit and raised a bunch of money I could, but in the end I think it's not worth it.  Once I get home I'll need to go up north and get used to life in the States before classes (and job hunting) starts up.  If I did Austria, I'd come home, go to the family reunion the next day, and then be at school like 4 days later.

So, to make it not even a possibility, I've gotten really close to getting the Norway trip to work, and my friend from MN who is also in Belgium wants to do Ireland, which we've found could be cheap (if you do it our way).    And both of those trips combined would still be cheaper (by like $500) than Austria.  Soo, yeah.  It sucks, but I guess I'll just have to come back another time to make up for it (once I get money again, so in like 20 years).

Went home fairly early (for a fanfare night), went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment