Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 31

Dinsdag, 6 September 2011

Went to school, had to take my trumpet today, and gym clothes.  Ugh.  I need to get a different backpack, or just get the money so I don't need to pack a lunch everyday.  My bag is waay too heavy already, and I don't even have my school books yet.

Had AML first, which is a ridic hard class that I'm terrible at.  A lot of transposing, hearing the teacher play notes and then writing the note and the rhythm on paper, etc.  Oh, and then we had to sing it.  Not my idea of fun, and I was absolutely terrible at it (probably because we've never done anything like that back home).  After only like a few minutes the teacher was looking at my with what seemed like disappointment mixed with a tinge of disgust.  So glad when that class was over.

Dutch next, watched a movie/other such things which I didn't understand, but I pretended to.  Break, then two periods of gym.  No running today, which was GREAT.  Just did some stupid little games, but all it required was some leg strength/balance and arm strength, which I had from drumline, so I tied with another girl for "first place" (it was a little competition thing).

Lunch, expression (I don't know what we usually do, they just talked about their senior project again).  AML again, but at least this time I managed to get like a few notes of what she played written down.  Really disliking that class already, and the teacher told me to go down to the 3rd year (I think that's the lowest in the school).  Whatever.  Then French (read my book, whoo!), and then followed some kids in my class to their private lessons because I didn't have a class.

After school, practiced Gypsy Skies with a kid in my class.  He's super legit at trumpet, so he played it really well.  Home, ate, and then biked to rehearsal for my music group (it's a "fanfare" group, so I'm just going to call it that from now on).  Had a guest director, which was really cool.  I don't think he realized I didn't understand anything he was saying.  :P  Felt pretty sick during rehearsal though (as a result of feeling slightly sick the entire rest of the day), so I went home straight after instead of doing drinks like usual.  Now, time for bed.  Thank goodness there's only 4 classes tomorrow (even if one of them is AML...)  Slaapwel!

Oh, and on the 6th last month?  It was my last time in the US for the year.  I can't believe it's already been a month since I said my last goodbyes.  I have, at most, 11 more months in this country.  Whoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment