Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day 35

Zaterdag, 10 September 2011

Okay, real post now.  Woke up 20 minutes before we had to leave for the rotary event when Truut knocked on my door asking if I was ready.  :P  Got up quick, got ready, and Truut drove Marcela and I to the event.  We met the other exchange students, which was a lot of fun, talked about the rules/expectations for the year, and had lunch.  One person's host dad looks like Pierce Bronson, aka James Bond.  I had so much fun sitting around him - I felt like I was in a movie!

Then, parents went home, and us kids went and did team building.  Did the zipline ride, walking on ropes that were really high up (we had harnesses on, obviously), and then some team activities.  I got really  bruised on the last one, because it was an obstacle course above water, and I did NOT want to fall in, so I just did everything I had to to stay above the water.  But I made some friends (and some "best friends", as we called each other), so it was nice.

Marc (Santiago's rotary guy, and the guy who took us to Brussels for the last event) drove Marcela and I to the bus stop, we got home, showered, and went to Nikki's parents 50th birthday party or something (Nikki is Thomas' wife - he's the one with the cows).  There from like 8-1.  Ugh.  I mean, the free food/drinks was nice, but I was not feeling well still, so it was really boring.  Marcela and I just sat there and talked, but even that got boring after a while.  Then home at 130, went basically straight to be bed because I felt sick.

<><>
Before the edit:

Okay, here's the deal.  I'm really tired right now (130am and I just got home), so I'm just going to update this post tomorrow when I have more time, because I feel terrible and need some sleep.  So, slaapwel!

No comments:

Post a Comment