Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 49

Zaterdag, 24 September 2011

Woke up, had breakfast with Marcela.  We were eating at like 940, considering we thought Dutch lessons were 1030-12 today.  Wrongo.  The tutor called wondering where we were, because apparently they were 930-11.  Oops!  Hurried to get ready, biked to her house, did the lesson.  It was okay - we're finally getting to things that we don't know already.  But it's pretty slow progress.  :/

Back home, did some Latin, had lunch, and then studied Latin for like 4 hours.  Tried to translate parts of my book so I could understand what was going on.  Flashcards are gonna suck - Latin on the front, and then the 1st person conjugation on the back (since it differs from the rest sometimes), the Dutch translation (for writing it on tests), and the English translation (for me to actually understand what the word means).  And since I'm a lesson behind the class, I need to learn like 73 right away, while everyone else only had 25 new words for Monday.  Whoo. :P

Skyped with Mom a bit during the study session, so that was fun.  Then we had dinner, and I studied a bit more, and skyped with my oldest brother Kyle.  He totally helped me understand some things that didn't make sense, and taught me a few things I didn't know.  Man, I love how both of my brothers know Latin - makes it so much easier, especially considering no one in my class speaks English (they're 12, I can't blame them for not knowing it :P), and the teacher's English is pretty flaky.  But hey, the flashcards are helping with my Dutch too, so it's all good.

Watched an Indian Jones movie with Truut, Patrick, and Marcela, which was pretty fun.  Now, since I'm feeling a little sick again (yay...) and we're waking up early (aka: before 10) tomorrow, it's time for bed.  Slaapwel!

Oh yeah, if you like country music, check out Blaine Larsen.  Just found him today, and he's really good, especially considering he's only like 23 or something.  Yay for finding new artists!

No comments:

Post a Comment