Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 56

Zaterdag, 1 Oktober 2011

Woke up after a great 12 hour rest, played some "Binding of Isaac", did some reading.  All in all a good morning.  Went grocery shopping with Truut, and then helped cook for a bit.  We grilled for dinner (just Patrick, Truut, and I; Marcela was kayaking with rotary and Siemen was working on a tractor), so that was nice.  It made me realize how much I miss bonfires - I was going to like at least one a week the last summer and now I haven't even been around a fire.  So weird.

Anyway, got picked up, and then went to Wortel for a concert (fun fact:  Wortel translates to carrot).  It was really fun - played not only the songs that we had been practicing, but a few more that I assume the group has had for a long time.  I, of course, had only read the other pieces once, but I don't think I messed up too badly.  Mainly just messed up because my contacts got really dry, and I started getting some double vision when I looked at notes.  Not good.  But it was a blast, hearing the other groups was fun too.  Went home, talked with Marcela about our days, and now it's time for bed.

Also, I just noticed how addicted I am to contacts.  Like, I brought with four different colors of contacts.  (Well, technically only three, I had my Mom send me the last color as they hadn't made it into the shop by the time I left).  I just wish I would have known the vest for the fanfare group was green, because then I totally would have gotten green contacts.  I like matching my contacts to my music group outfits (especially drumline - I loved wearing mismatched contacts last season~).

Yeah, time for bed.  Slaapwel!

No comments:

Post a Comment