Sunday, October 30, 2011

Day 84

Zaterdag, 29 Oktober 2011

Got to sleep in a bit, got ready for the day, and left for Antwerpen!  We (Patrick, Truut, Marcela and I) first stopped off at the American Food Store... once we found it.  It was amazing!  So many foods I didn't even realize weren't here.  Bought a 12 back of Mountain Dew (for sharing - the stuff Mr. Hayes sent is for me alone).  15 euros.  Ouch.  Got stuff to make peanut butter blossoms and smores, and Marcela got Reese's because she thought they looked good.  Also got a single can of three different flavors of dew, and two different flavors of Coke, just so they could see part of our variety.

Parked the car, and then walked around Antwerpen a bit.  Got icecream, which was a great way to start the afternoon.  Window shopped, looked around some streets we hadn't been on before.  Saw some horse drawn carriages in a square - Marcela and I stood there petting them when Patrick and Truut went to a store.  Really made me miss my Reg.  :(

We also went inside this really old theater - it was a great place, and it made me really want to go to a show again.  I love live theater!

In the theater



Walked around some more, made some pasta at a really nice Italian place, and then crammed on a metro to the Night of the Proms!

Oh man, that was really fun.  I don't really know how to describe it, besides it being a great night.  Basically, there was a stage with like four different "parts" - a full orchestra, an electric band, a nice chunk of singers, and then one of the main singers that would come on.  Here's a link to see who was performing.  It was really just an amazing night.  I recognized quite a few songs (Valerie, Time To Say Goodbye, etc), and they even played the "Typewriter Song", which my school band did my freshman year.  Of course, it was a different version, but it really brought back memories.

Marcela and I after the NOTP


Anyway, by the time we got home it was pas midnight and I was just dead tired from the day, so I basically went straight to bed.  That's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment