Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 66

Dinsdag, 11 Oktober 2011

Woke up late again - Marcela's alarm didn't go off, so Truut knocked on our doors around 7, wondering what was going on.  Oops.  >.>  We made it to the bus stop in time, so no biggie.  But, I hate being woken up suddenly in the mornings - I get even more cranky than usual, and I'm just tired all day.

Every. Single. Day.
But, Tuesdays are easy for me at school.  Choir with the younger class first, then two periods in the library, then Latin.  We took a test in Latin today, and I think I may have passed (as opposed to how I've barely been filling in two out of 15 answers for my last tests)!  So that was cool.  Unfortunately, I think we have a big test on Friday, and it's on everything we've done so far.  Meaning, everything I still haven't caught up on.  Eep.

Back to the school, had expression, aka sit around and watch my classmates act.  Then two more periods in the library (and there may or may not have been some sleeping going on), and expression again.  By the end of the day, I was so tired I got an energy drink so I could stay awake for fanfare rehearsal.  Of course, after not having my usual constant stream of Mountain Dew for the past two months, it affected me way more than I'm used to (then again, it could also be because I hadn't eaten for like 5 hours by then, and even so my lunch was fairly small since I was rushed this morning).

At home, Patrick, Truut and Siemen were gone until like 730, so Marcela and I just got to talk and hang out, so that was really nice.  Rehearsal was really fun too, except for the fact I was still hyped up and couldn't completely concentrate.  We played some new songs - an arrangement of Tequila (which made me reminisce about pep band), and a Robert W. Smith piece (I hate Robert W. Smith - played too much of his stuff), which I got first on because the usual first trumpets weren't there.  It was great, but after not working my high notes for two months I got tired out really quick.

Stayed after and talked to a lot of people, so that was really fun.  Honestly, Tuesday nights are probably the highlight of my week.  Plus, that means Wednesday is the next day (aka, half day at school).  Also, speaking of highlights, some good news from today:

- I may be able to join drumline!!!  Wim called Truut, and from what I understood, he said I could join, but he'd prefer if I went to rotary events if they conflict.  Plus, I think most rotary events are closer to the drumline anyway since there are more students on the French side, so I could probably work out a deal to go to part, and then go to drumline since it'd be closer.  But, I'll cross that bridge if I come to it.  I'll probably know on Sunday - Truut wants to talk the the drumline director/unit coordinator, but I hope he can convince her.  :)

Nelson Cruz hit the first game-ending grand slam in postseason history.  I just think that that's utterly amazing.  Made my day when I read it.

Well, that's about it.  Slaapwel!

No comments:

Post a Comment