Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 77

Zaterdag, 22 Oktober 2011

So, day 77 is probably going to become synonymous with "the greatest day ever".

Woke up, packed my lunch and homework, and was out the door a little before 10 to bike to the bus stop.  Got a bus to Herentals, and then had to wait like 40 minutes in the bus station there.  Read some Catch-22, so that was great.  Took the train to Antwerpen, had another 30 minute wait which allowed me to eat and stretch my legs a bit, so that was good.

Took the train then to Kortrijk (and studied some Latin on the train!), where two guys from Drumspirit picked me up.  Drove to Dadizele, where Drumspirit practices.  Talked with the unit coordinator guy, then grabbed a set of plates and got to rehearse.  There are 4 other cymbal players (I think only two of them have really any experience), so it was a good pace to learn at.

Rehearsed for two hours, had something to drink (they have a bar in their rehearsal site as well - I think it's a typical Belgian thing), and talked to a guy that I think is the visual tech/helps with cymbals.  Tried to think of some ideas for visuals for the show, which is always fun.  Two more hours of practice, and that was it!  I'm used to doing 4 hours and then having a lunch break, so it felt really weird being done that early.

Talked to some kids in my section a bit more, then got a ride to the train station.  BARELY made my train (I was just going to skip it and take the one at 7:40), but I got there right as the 6:40 train was about to leave.  Whew.  Of course, there was some sort of convention/halloween party or something going on, so the train got FILLED with people in costumes.  Ugh.  Didn't even bother trying to study since I couldn't concentrate.

Got the train in Antwerpen back home, but of course, something was wrong with the tracks so the train was stopped for like 20 minutes.  Finally got home around 9:30, making it almost 12 hours since I left the house.  I also find it pretty funny I had to take a bike, a bus, a train, and a car to get to rehearsal.

Finally had a real meal, got ready for bed, talked to some friends online.  Now, it's time to get some rest so I can look over the drumline music again tomorrow :P  Slaapwel!

No comments:

Post a Comment