Sunday, March 1, 2015

Day 10: Relaxation

Today was pretty much the most relaxing day ever.

Started it off with a marathon skype session before finally changing and leaving the dorm around 2 in the afternoon.  Walked to campus to find my classrooms (only in three buildings total so I was fine), picked up some ramen and instant rice I can cook in the dorm (and peanut butter and bread for breakfast!!), and then headed back.  That's essentially the bulk of the day.

Though, I did add the girl who is supposed to be my roommate on facebook.  I looked up her name and country and found her, and after talking today we realized that's she's actually already moved into a different dorm, so it looks like they double booked her.  Soooooo it looks like I have a double room to myself, which is GREAT because I've already kind of taken the whole thing over and I've never shared a bedroom with anyone before (spoiled, I know), so it's nice to just have a place I can have privacy.  I did tell my other roommates (ie, the girls I share a bathroom with) that they can store their stuff in here since I have all this extra space, and to feel free to use it to skype or whatever if I'm out and they want privacy.

Classes start tomorrow and honestly I'm pretty nervous.  Not for the fact it's a new school - this is my third university and my 5th school in 5 years - but the fact that half my classes, my sport classes, are all in Korean.  Which means I'll have no idea what's happening.  They said it's cool for exchange students to be in them but oh maaaan this is going to be embarrassing.  Not to mention the fact that I'm going to make a fool of myself in all the sport classes (basketball, dance, yoga) because I'm not good at any of those things.  And I don't know if anyone in the classes will be able to speak English (and I feel horrible that I don't know Korean to talk to them) so I don't know if I'll be able to meet any friends in the classes.

Oh, and basketball is my FIRST CLASS TOMORROW.  So my first class is a sport I'm not good at anymore, in a language I don't understand, and I just have no idea how it will go.  I never took sports in the US either as a class, so I don't know if I'm supposed to wear sweats and shorts to class or just bring it or if we're even playing tomorrow or anything that's happening.

Here's to hoping I don't embarrass myself too much tomorrow.  But if I do, you'll be the first to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment