Thursday, March 26, 2015

Day 34: Still sick

Woke up, spent like half an hour trying to get myself out of bed for class and actually managed to eat and get dressed (instead of toast I bought bananas to make peanut butter/nutella/banana sandwiches instead), and once I got down the hallway I felt too dizzy and nauseous to even consider going to down the hill to class.  Changed, went back to bed for a few hours.

Woke up again to go to Game Theory because I had homework due in the class.  Turned it in and then tried to follow along in the lecture.  He spent a good 10 minutes talking in Korean again, I feel like I need to talk to him after class and re-remind him that, hey, you have an exchange student in the class who doesn't speak Korean, and this class is supposed to be taught in English, so uh, do that.

Felt okayish after class so I went to get a haircut.  The guy didn't speak much English and I didn't speak much Korean but we managed.  He cut the hair up higher that I would have liked, but such is the case when you can't tell him what to do.  He kept asking if it was okay, but he took my glasses off to cut my hair and so I couldn't see anything so it really didn't matter.  I trusted him to not make it horrible at least.  It was nice though - like $15 for a cut, shampoo and a bit of a styling.

Bought data for my phone after - that's how I know I've been here for a while because I only need to buy that every month!  Started feeling sick so I went to lie down for a bit (and missed Korean since the teacher knew I was sick yesterday).  Got up again and went to do language exchange since it's a dinner and I need to eat regardless of if I'm sick.  That was pretty nice, we just went and got chicken and talked.  We're trying to figure out a way for me to learn Korean and the Korean buddy to learn English since the other two guys are fluent in English and high level in Korean.  We'll see what happens.

Afterwards, went home, did some puzzles for fun, relaxed, and then was in bed by like 10 (which is why I forgot to do this on time).  Got woken up around 1130 to my roomie coming home and it took me about an hour to fall asleep again after that, oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment