Saturday, March 7, 2015

Day 15: Helping with English

Got up at my alarm like usual, made toast, messed around on the internet for a while.  My computer is still in Minnesotan time, so when I saw it was at the :30 mark I started to get ready for class, wondering why my roommate wasn't up since she said she has class at 9 as well.

Then I checked my phone and realized it was 7:30 and not 8:30; I had accidentally set the alarm for an hour early in the day.  So that was a bummer.  Went back to sleep for half an hour and then off to International Finance.  It was actually pretty interesting today, so I'm hoping it stays that way.  The teacher speaks English SO much better than my Game Theory teacher, so having that is a plus too.

Finished class, ate some ramen at home, and then went and met my dance class translator at a cafe because he wanted me to proofread his English cover letter for a job he's applying for.  We talked about the differences in how they should read: in America, it's supposed to be pretty formal and follow some strict rules, while in Korea they teach you to write it a lot more casual and to not use so many big and clinical words.  Very interesting discussion!

Back home, relaxed and started on the Finance homework and then went shopping at Dongdaemun with Jasmine.  We just mainly walked around and looked, though I did end up buying a pair of shoes for $45, which is a pretty good deal I think.  Back at home, just ate and relaxed and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment