Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Day 20: In which Kelsey vents about Game Theory

Super tired when I woke up; I should really start getting to bed earlier.  Started off the day with my finance course, which actually was really nice.  I just enjoy the teacher and how he teaches, so it's a pretty good start to the morning.  Had my long lunch break, and then game theory :(  I really don't think I'll ever get used to that class, I'm already starting to hate the teacher's voice and how I can't understand half of what he's saying.  Oh, and today he lectured IN KOREAN for a few minutes.  The class is supposed to be taught in English.  I don't know if he was just rehashing what he had already said or was saying something new, so ugh.

Oh, and we had to play a game in class to show this one concept, essentially that people would keep choosing smaller numbers as the game went on.  However, I couldn't understand as all the other students were saying numbers in Korean, so I couldn't make a good guess on what number I should choose, so I basically just chose the highest number allowed (100) to throw everyone in my round off (spiteful? yes.  But that's what happens when I've been brewing about how much his class upsets me with the lack of teaching I understand), even though I knew it was an answer that shouldn't be chosen.  And then part of the lecture afterwards was saying how students who are smart enough to realize the game would realize that choosing any number over 60 is a dumb decision because you'll never win and if you are smart you will know that, and it just felt like he was taking a jab at me so I was just getting really upset (mostly irrationally, but so it goes).

So I was just brewing about that on my next break, and adding into the mix that I've been feeling progressively sicker as the day goes on I was just straight up pissed going into Korean class.  Luckily it ended without incident, so I just went back to my dorm, showered, had some rice for dinner, and now I'm just going to bed early so I don't have to deal with people anymore today.  Hopefully I won't be sick still tomorrow, and luckily it's a late start for me so it should turn out to be a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment